November 6, 2008

Oh the trials that come.....

Well again I have not been very good at updating the blog but what can you do right? This weekend was an especially hard one for our family as we found out that the company Kyle is working for is struggling and so they have to let Kyle go. I think we both were really surprised because earlier in the month we were told that the company was doing fine. Kyle has been surprisingly calm about the whole situation. He said he felt that something was going to happen a week before it did. He also said when he was told the news that a peace came over him. Kyle and I are really just trying to stay positive and hopeful of what the future will bring us.

I just need to bear my testimony that I know that Heavenly Father knows us. He is aware of our fears and our trials and if we turn to him in times of trial he will bring a comfort that nothing in the world can. I know that if we remember the things that he has blessed us with and all the things we DO have that there can be happiness in times of trial. I just want to tell Kyle how much I love and appreciate him. He has brought and calm and a strength to our home and to me that has blessed Kaden and I so much.

For all of you that are interested we are having a day of fast on the 14th of November. So if you remember join us and we hope to write some good news up soon.

9 comments:

The Hammonds said...

Dana Im sorry for all the trials you have been facing lately. I hope things look up for you guys!!

Brit said...

I am so sorry for you guys. I'm sure that Kyle will find something. And we will fast and pray for you guys.

Keep us updated.

Ari Hill said...

Dana I will put you in my prayers, I know the feeling you are going through its so hard but know that it will get better and everything happens the way its supposed to we may not understand it or even like it but heavenly father knows your family and it can only get better!
I love you and if you need anything please please call me. We just went through this same thing it was so hard. Let me know what I can do! I love you

The Williamsons said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Dana. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Katy said...

hey how are you doing? I'm sorry about all of the trials!! But congrats on the baby! I know you were wanting one for a while so that is exciting at least! Well I'm here if you need to talk

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

Well, I don't think Kyle is going to have any problems finding a new, better job. He's so smart and has an awesome personality, who wouldn't hire him?!!? Plus, with the peace that comes over people sometimes...I have to admit to experiencing those a few times myself and things always came out as it should in the end. It can be hard but you'll be blessed. How can you not? Your one of the strongest families I know.

Kellie said...

Sorry to hear about Kyle's job. We will keep y'all in our prayers and we'll fast for you, too.

Vintage Soul said...

Dana, I just have to say that reading your blog has just been such an upliftment in my day, each time! You are such a wonderful person and you and your family are such great, faithful followers of Christ and I'm grateful to have you as a friend. 'Hang in there, I know that you guys will excell at all you do because of your faith and great attitudes!! A fast is a great idea too! Your my hero! ;)

Angie said...

I'm so sorry about that. I will keep you in our prayers and have faith in the lord that all will be well and work out for you!