June 8, 2010

I just wanted to say thanks for all the support that I have received from friends and those around me. I am in awe of the wonderful friends I have and the words of wisdom that they have given me. Last week I started a womens self defense class that I am loving. I really have needed something that I feel will give me my power back. I realized this last week that the only way I can truly get through this and heal is through the atonement. No amount of therapy whatever kind will heal me as much as Christ can. I have been reading different books that have shed light on this for me. I also have had some neat experiences while praying to know what I should do for help this womens self defense class came up and I also had another opportunity that came up with a class called The Power of Choice. A while back I had a amazing opportunity to meet the owner and creator of a Company called Outlook. They are based in Utah and they do amazing things for people. Anyways this last month he called me and asked me if I wanted to take his class and that he will offer me it on a scholarship. He said that he only has this for a select few and that he felt very strongly that I needed to take this class. I am very excited this Thurs- Sat I am taking this class and it could not have been at a better time. I just want all that read this to know that God is aware of us. Even when we don't feel like it sometimes he is listening and is waiting for us to come to him and ask for strength and help. That is all we have to do and he is there. I KNOW he hears and answers our prayers but remember that it is on his timing not ours. If we are patient and have faith the Lord will answer our prayers. I also want to bear testimony of the power of the priesthood. Through out this trial Kyle has given me numerous blessings and they have been a huge source of strength to me and to Kyle. How powerful it is that the Lord can speak to us here on earth through the power of the priesthood. I hope that as wives and women we know that asking our husbands for blessings not only blesses our lives but the lives and testimonies of our husbands as well. So don't hesitate to ask for blessings! :) I got this in my e-mail today I wanted to share it.

"I too believe that God will always make a way where there is no way. I believe that if we will walk in obedience to the commandments of God, if we will follow the counsel of the priesthood, he will open a way even where there appears to be no way." --Gordon B. Hinckley, "If Ye Be Willing and Obedient", Ensign, Jul 1995, 2

1 comment:

Emily Hamilton said...

Dana, you are such an inspiration to so many. Thanks for your testimony! You are such a great example and help a lot of people...including me. Love you! Miss you guys.