September 6, 2010

I DID THE UNTHINKABLE!!!

Me, Nerelly and Brian our Tandem Master.
After the jump! I seriously had perma-grin!

Before the jump! Oh man!


Before the jump!




What are we getting ourselves into!!! LOL



Today was one of those pivotal days in my life that I will never forget. It is really hard to put into words how I feel and what went on so I will do my best.

Today I took the things that have been holding me back in my life Judgement; for myself and the judgment I feel from others, the things that happened in my past and I let them go in a way that was so risky and so big that I could not ever go back. YES I DID IT! I went sky diving today. In my X-trainer class I wrote these things that are holding me back on a rock and I took it up in the air plane with me. Then when it was time to jump I let it go. I want to explain that I was nervous and this was a huge risk for me but I prayed and felt peace and surprisingly no fear for the things I was going to do. I knew that for me to let these huge things in my life go I wanted to do something BIG. SO big and out there that there was no way that I would keep these things in my life. It was really one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I physically feel like I can breathe a better and I am lighter now because I let those things go. It was worth every bit of the risk to me to let those things go because of what they were doing to me. For to long I have held onto the past and the things that being molested did to me. For to long I have lived my life and held back because of the fear of judgement. I AM DONE!!!!! I am honestly say I will not longer let those things lead my life. I can honestly say that I and and will do anything that I put my mind to.
So I want to write out what happened step by step today just for me so you don't have to read this next part. We drove to Tooele today and on the ride there I was surprisingly calm and excited. I told myself the whole way there that I am just going to step into it with power and I am going to leave all this behind me. I am going to be a new me! We got there and we watched a movie on sky diving and listened to instructions. The whole time I was 100% present and I found that doing that there was no fear in me. I soaked every minute of the day in and lived all the excitement to the build up. Everything around me was so clear it was like I was really finally alive. We got all dressed and suited up and all I can say is I felt excitement. The hardest and most scary part of my day was actually stepping on the plane and deciding I will do this. As I was stepping on the plane for about 2 seconds I let the fear come and I felt it and then I tapped back into being 100% present and breathing and listening to the sound around me and looking at the beautiful earth below me. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever felt. I actually have been more scared in line and riding a roller coaster than I was doing this. As we were going up in the plane I was focusing on what I was letting go and all the ways that it was holding me back. I know in order for me to let it go I wanted to get angry to the point that I did not want it anymore. That is exactly what I did. Once I jumped the free fall was amazing! Honestly all I could focus on was breathing. They teach you to clamp your teeth closed and breath through your mouth. That is all I did for the 5 mins or so of free falling. After he deployed the chute then that it what I wish would have lasted forever! It was so amazing just soaking all the fresh air and the beautiful mountains and the amazing feeling it was to fly. It was a feeling that I cannot even describe in words. We did turns and swirls and when we landed it was so amazing. I did not want it to end. I am so glad I did it and I would do it again!
My new affirmation : I am a painted wild mustang; NO FEAR! NO FENCES! NO REINS!
My goal : I am so influential that people come to me, asking me how they get what I have. 30 lives changed this month!



These are the videos taken from my camera. I forgot to tell the guy using my camera how to use it. But the first video the guy in the brown is my tandem guide. LOL he is telling me that I cannot grab onto the handle. He knew I would hang on to long LOL. The second one is me jumping.


5 comments:

Staci said...

Dana, you are so awesome! I'm glad you were able to have that experience and I think it's such a gift that you're able to recognize the positive aspects of what you accomplished! I hope to be able to have an experience like that someday. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the closing process of your house.

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

Didn't you love it! We'll have to go together ^_^

Mindy said...

I just typed you a big long comment and blogger came back with an error, so maybe you'll get two from me! I'll try to remember what I said... probably something like this:

That's awesome! Congrats! But I think you're a little crazy. :) That is one thing I don't have even the tiniest desire to try. Just plain don't even want to try it. I'll get my adrenaline rush some other way. I'll do a marathon, but I don't think I'll ever want to jump out of an airplane. I'm glad you got to do it though, especially if it helps you let go of whatever you're working through. I say "good for you!" :) And I hope all goes well with closing on your home!

Dana said...

LOl thanks everyone! Mindy you are funny! I have always thought the same thing about skydiving but this was one of those things that I knew without a doubt in my head that I was going to come out and be 10 times what I was before becuse I let go in such a real and impactful way. All day yesterday I would just start laughing to myself because I could not believe that I did that! BUT I WOULD DO IT AGAIN knowing how I feel now. :P

Adam and Dinae Pitcher said...

Dana. We have a question for you. If you can remember in Logan, when we were sort of neighbors, we came to your house one time to play games. One of the games we played was a get-to-know-you game we played as couples. Do you have any idea what game we played. We want to get ourselves that sort of game and are curious what game we played with you. CONGRATS on your jump!!