Well things have been crazy as usual around our house. Kyle is working hard and I have been doing some things from home to earn some extra money. Our boys are doing great! We went and got them allergy tested and Kaden is no longer allergic to eggs! But we found out that Parker is allergic to Milk and Peanuts!! AHHHH!!! They gave us epi pens and everything. I tried to clear everything out of our house that has peanuts but there are so many things that you just don't think about that say may contain peanuts. I try not to think about it to much because I know I would really be way to freaked if I thought to much into it. So I am taking precautions and doing what I can about it. Kaden is doing so well with potty training. At home he hardly ever has accidents but he still won't wear underwear out in public yet. But baby steps right? He has been so funny lately just saying things to Kyle and I that make us laugh and wonder what going on in that little mind of his. It seems like 3 for us has been the hardest is many ways because he is talking back and is not listening to us. It has been hard for him to understand that he has to listen to us because we are his parents. But deep down I really have loved this because as hard as it is to discipline him I LOVE that he is thinking his own thoughts and coming up with his own ideas to negotiate with Kyle and I. I just love it! Does anyone else feel that way? Maybe I am odd. LOL :) Kyle is doing great they love him at Freelinc. He got a raise and bonus this month that has been a very big blessing for us. I am so proud of him and what a hard worker he is. As for me I have had some real life changing experiences in the last month that have really changed me for the good. I feel now more than ever that I am strong and that the past is the past and I can learn and grow from my experiences. My past does not determine my future. I testify that Christ is real and that he can heal the hurt and the pain that others have put into our lives. If we turn to him and give him all the hurt and anger and pain he will heal it all. I know he is the only one that can do that. Nothing else in this world can ever bring the peace and healing that the Savior can. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father is aware of me. He knows me and loves me. He wants for me to be happy and to heal from past wrongs. I know that there are things that I need to do here on earth and that being a mother and wife are the most important things that I will ever do here on earth. I love this quote
"As mothers in Israel, we are the Lord’s secret weapon. Our influence comes from a divine endowment that has been in place from the beginning. In the premortal world, when our Father described our role, I wonder if we didn’t stand in wide-eyed wonder that He would bless us with a sacred trust so central to His plan and that He would endow us with gifts so vital to the loving and leading of His children. I wonder if we shouted for joy at least in part because of the ennobling stature He gave us in His kingdom. The world won’t tell you that, but the Spirit will."
--Sheri L. Dew, "Are We Not All Mothers?", Ensign, Nov 2001, 96
~LIFE IS WONDERFUL~
~REMEMBER TO COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS~
4 comments:
Milk and Peanuts!!!!!!!! I'm sorry. . .that is just rough. You are one tough gal though Dana, you always inspire me!
Doug is allergic to peanuts and milk as well and it is a challenge. It takes some time to adjust, but we are actually eating healthier as an entire family because of it. A blessing in disguise?...maybe so.
Glad things are going well. You guys have the cutest family. I Love your posts. Thanks for your testimony. Miss you.
I'm so happy things are gettgin better for you guys though its no fun about the peanuts.
Post a Comment