September 23, 2008

Living a DREAM!




I have been thinking a lot about life and just how blessed I have been. When I saw this picture i felt the need to write about some of the things I have been thinking about. I really believe that most of my happiness really comes from such a wonderful loving husband. There are so many times that I have felt like Kyle is more than anything I ever thought I would have as a husband. He works so hard and never complains about it, he comes home and plays with Kaden and spends time with him and helps get him ready for bed. I always tease him about how he worries about Kaden more than I do. Before we go to bed ever night he checks on him and kisses him good night. For the first year of Kaden's life he would wake up searching him laundry basket for Kaden because he was dreaming that he left him there. All of these things I have always just laughed about but really I am deeply grateful for the dad he is. When I married him I was really unsure about the kind of dad he would be because he was never really around a lot of children or babies. I can honestly saw I am blown away by the great father Kyle is! Some other things that I love about Kyle is that he is slow to anger and alomost always the first to say sorry. He has such a good heart and wants to be better in any way he can. I am so grateful that I have to opportunity to be married for time and all eternity to such a great man! The other thing I have been thinking about a ton is Kaden and the special child I believe he is. From the day he was brought into this world he has been a little angel. The spirit that he has brought into our home is indescribable. He has been the most wonderful baby to have so far. He has slept 8 hours every night sometimes more since the day he came home from the hospital. He is the most even tempered and laid back child I have ever met. I really believe that he was a special spirit to our Heavenly Father. He must have done something right to be in this family. NOT that he is lucky to have me and Kyle. He is so blessed to have the extended family he does. He is the first grandchild on both sides of the family. There is so much love for this little boy that when Kyle and I start to think about all the people that love and care for him it is overwhelming. Like I have said before Kaden really is the ray of sunshine in our lives. He bring so much joy and happiness to our family. I never knew that I could have so much love for one little child. I am excited to see the love I have for the next one. I am sorry this is a lot longer than I thought! But I really believe that all of these blessings that I have been given come from my Father in Heaven. The reason I feel life is so great is because I know that true HAPPINESS comes from obeying the Lord commandments and his plan for you. I also know with all of my heart that if we are grateful for our trials and know that they come to help us and make us better we will become the person God wants us to be. I know that the Lord is there to comfort and guide us through our trials. He NEVER leaves us comfortless! I am so grateful for all of you friends and family that are always giving all of your love and support! It means more than you will ever know!




REMEMBER TO BE GRATEFUL TODAY!!! :)

5 comments:

Angie said...

It is so true to be grateful. I feel that way everyday and if I ever don't you just have to think of those who are having trouble. Thanks for the reminder I think we can all us that from time to time!

Kellie said...

Thank you so much for this post, Dana! It was so awesome to read of your love for your family and of your testimony. Kaden really is such a great kid!

Adriane said...

You ROCK Dana!! Thanks for sharing and haning out with me. Lots of love...

Emily Hamilton said...

I love this post! You two are so great! We miss you! It was good to see you in August. Hope things are going well. Let us know when you find out the gender of your baby.
We're so happy for you!

Vintage Soul said...

Wow! You just definately carry the Spirit with you. Thank you for your wonderful, inspired words! I must admit, I felt a bit jealous at first with all of your wonderful praises of your awesome marriage. ;) I have felt just like you do though, especially with my special, wonderful children!! They truly are a blessing aren't they? Your words about trials though is what really made the Spirit speak to me though. I am going through a tough time and I really appreciate your beautiful words and attitude--YOU truly are a ray of sunshine to all who know you!! (Sorry about the little novel) :)